From the Interweb: Road movies traditionally end in one of five ways:
1. Having met with triumph at their ultimate destination, the protagonist(s) return home, wiser for their experiences.
*Yup, that would be good*
2. At the end of the journey, the protagonist(s) find a new home at their destination.
*Oh, I don’t think so*
3. The journey continues endlessly.
*Well, OK, metaphorically… sure!*
4. Having realised that as a result of their journey they can never go home, the protagonists either choose death or are killed.
*Oh dear. Better watch out for that one*
5. The film ends without any implication of a further jaunt.